Page 1 of 4
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Game Over

Game Over

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 3533
replies 37
following 10

sleepyspeed   +1y
well this is the second attempt at building a "bagged" mini. My first attempt was a 87 mazda if your bored..lol

any way this 91 I plan on stock flooring it to the pinch with a new frame from the firewall back. It will be bagged on bar, and some new upper arms, at the least. I've planned this truck out and will save details for the build as I get going. I want it to be very clean, but a little more of a involved build than the mazda was.

this is my 800 starting point, needed a timing set and a front cover, runs good now

thread post photo

running a suicide doors 1.5" 4 link will be here tomorrow

this pile of parts is 2 viair 444's, re 6's and 7's dual stainless 4 gallon tanks and not all there but here 8 smc 3/8's valves. I also have a big pile of nickel plated ptc's for the plumbing, but I am really thinking about stainless hard line
thread post photo
locked   +1y
Sick man, any kinda time frame you looking at getting this done in?
sleepyspeed   +1y
hopefully by the middle of summer, just the frame and air ride. There will be body work and shaving and crap, but I want to save that for winter. I'm getting the steel in a day or two. Still need to get drop spindles(I know a guy that has some) and some 18"s before I get crazy with exact bag locations.
sleepyspeed   +1y
killing time till the weekend, I built my lower bars 1.5" dom. those SD gussets suck to get in place they like to heat warp like crazy.

thread post photo

thread post photo
sleepyspeed   +1y
well I only had today to work on the truck but here is what I got done. I only did a back half for now, not sure how I will get the cab off. If it comes down to it I may just body the cab traditional after all. I can lay out on a 35 series 20 with the back half so that will keep my happy if down the road I can afford some. Still have to plate the frames were they meet and build the 4 link cross member then I can start hanging the bars.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
sleepyspeed   +1y
okay here is a little more progress. made some gussets to support the joining frames. got a start on mounting the 4 link, still have to trim a few tabs and buzz them on. Currently only sporting 3 of the 4 links cause I found out the one of my lowers I burnt through the thread bung just enough to royally screw it up. So I have to order a new one and cut the old one out that should be a load of fun got to love dirty old flux....
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
sleepyspeed   +1y
okay here is a little more progress. made some gussets to support the joining frames. got a start on mounting the 4 link, still have to trim a few tabs and buzz them on. Currently only sporting 3 of the 4 links cause I found out the one of my lowers I burnt through the thread bung just enough to royally screw it up. So I have to order a new one and cut the old one out that should be a load of fun got to love dirty old flux....
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
truck action   +1y
Looks good!
sleepyspeed   +1y

thanks man, your truck is killer by the way!

well this is all I've got for now

thread post photo

and a quick test with one bag, bag on bar ROCKS!!
smctoy   +1y
looks bad ass!!