Stll2hi/Taco

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 11577
replies 141
following 22

stll2hi   +1y
How would you gusset them?
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
just something like a triangle piece of steel to go from the 2x4 to the tab but a small enough one not to interfere with the bolt. I have seen a number of pretty impressive fails from wishbone tabs. A friend even ripped a piece of his 3rd member's housing off with his tabs about two years ago when he hit one of those little concrete parking blocks, although something was bound to break at the speed he hit it hahaha.
stll2hi   +1y
So basically to keep the tabs from busting loose left or right?? What about the tabs on the diff??
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
correct, same basic thing just vertical for the pumpkin, they take some time to make because of the curves. I will try to post some pics when I get some on mine.
stll2hi   +1y
Please do cuz I'm almost done with fab and I want to paint it all up. Thanks again!!
stll2hi   +1y
Got some more work done this weekend, and I should be finished up and ready to move to the bed by next weekend...finally!!

Ran new fuel lines to the back and also some new brake line..

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Got the compressors all wired in and ready to go...

thread post photo

Got the suspension finished and painted...just missing shocks...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

More pics to follow...
stll2hi   +1y
So I got the back half done, got shocks mounted, bed cut and mounted, and have been driving it for a day or so. Runs great, now it's back to the rear end with a rollpan I ordered 3 or 4 months ago and getting the license plate and tailgate handle all metal finished...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Still gotta add a little bed support to the sides so they won't flap so bad, but had to get the 92 in the garage cuz today was the deadline for me to get my "abandoned vehicle" out of my driveway per H.O.A.....fuckin' fags.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
god i hate HOA's I've been there with them before. Looking good, what are your plans with those bed supports up by the cab?
stll2hi   +1y
Yea, trucks been covered for months, no issues, till last month. There's a car around the corner that's been covered for over a year, hasn't moved, and I get dinged. They also said I am running a shop and work all hours of the day and night. First off, if I am running a shop, I'm doing pretty crappy cuz my 2 trucks are the only 2 I've had here!! Second, I work full time, it's a load of crap.

Anyway, I had cut the bed out there and that included the xmember that the stock bed mounts were in. It was cool for a day, but then I noticed a lot of sag, and eventually the only thing that would have held the bed in place was the bolts. The new mounts made the bed a ton stronger, but don't help with the "wagging" of the bed sides. I'm gonna run some more support and eventually sheetmetal the front and back, that's why they're lower than the bed rails. This will do for now though. It's 1 1/4" square tube to a 3/16" plate that bolts to the bed mount.....plus I ran out of metal!!
stll2hi   +1y
So I got some work done on the tailgate till I ran outta material...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo