Page 2 of 15
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Stll2hi/Taco

Stll2hi/Taco

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 11573
replies 141
following 22

stll2hi   +1y
Thanks man. I know...haven't seen any updates!! I swear this truck hates me. Yesterday, while doing the gussets, I walked into some scrap metal in the garage and ended up with this...

thread post photo

This is what I get for not wearing my coveralls. Lesson learned....
baha   +1y
Battle Scars

How did you do that? I got a "wound" like that on my ranger, a little bur was sticking up, and when I reached really fast for a wrench, that little bur removed about 4-5 inches of skin and it was still attached like a string.
stll2hi   +1y
Damn, that sounds nasty. I was walking towards a tool box and one of the rails that I'm building for this rear end was on the floor upside down (if you can picture that), which created a razor, basically. It was a 45 degree cut, which was pretty sharp and I took a full step into it, never saw it. Pretty awesome.
vegasyota94   +1y
LOL
stll2hi   +1y
Anyway, enough with the carnage...couple more updated pics...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Tomorrow I'm gonna plate the inside of the frame where the notch ascends, box in the frame rails, and hopefully some other goodies. Until then....
2thpic   +1y
So what are you going to do with the old 4 link? Keep for parts or sale? If sale i'm interested.
Trying build on a dime and it's looking like i might have to spend a quarter.
stll2hi   +1y
It's your call if you want it. The tabs still have to be cut off, but the bars and bushings are intact. You might be better off with new tabs being that they're so cheap and these will be cut with a cutoff wheel...cuz that's what I got!! LOL. Anyway, let me know a price and if you'd like it.
stll2hi   +1y
So I got the frame finished...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Stock tank will be TIGHT, so I'll see if I can make it work, otherwise it will be a fuel cell. Now I have to order parts so updates may slow down a little, but I'll be back!!!
stll2hi   +1y
Got a little more done today....by the way, this is for the motivational buildoff too!!!!...

Made a crossmember for the gas tank and some mounts that will go under the tank. They're not done yet cuz I still have to finish em, but for now here's some progress:

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

More to come tomorrow...
stll2hi   +1y
So I got more done today....

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Got the gas tank mount in and the air tank mount in. I'm gonna add some more supports tomorrow, and hopefully the link show up soon.