Page 1 of 15
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Stll2hi/Taco

Stll2hi/Taco

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 11548
replies 141
following 22

stll2hi   +1y
Decided to split the two truck threads up. I was confusing myself!!! Anyway, so the other day I'm starting the truck, and smoke everywhere. Turns out to be the power wire from the switches to the ignition...not fused. Gotta love previous installs. Anyway, f's up my valve wiring, so I decide to remove the bed and run all new wiring. I planned on taking the bed off to see how bad everything was anyway....and this is what I found:

thread post photo

thread post photo

which led to this...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The last picture gives you an idea of what I'm going for. Gonna do a 2-link with a Watts link, relocate my gas tank to the rear (maybe a cell), and get all of the compressors and tanks underneath, as well as new air, fuel, and valve wiring. My hand was sort of forced on this one, gonna suck for a while cuz now I have TWO trucks down. Gotta love minitrucks.
oneloytoy93   +1y
good the reverce link was a bad move
smctoy   +1y
progress looks great!
stll2hi   +1y

Haha...the whole bag job was a bad move!!!
baha   +1y
Hell yeah looking good man, your just like me to many projects going on at the same time haha

Was it a shop that did the previous install?

Either way it's looking good!!!
stll2hi   +1y
I bought it from a kid who bought it from some dude who did have it done at a shop. Unbelievable. Only thing I can come up with is that they bagged the truck with the bed on. The reason I say this is, visually, it was a mess. No one in their right mind could be ok with this. However, with the bed on, you can't see things like the crooked notch. The mismatched bag plates...I don't know what was up with that. Plus, the only way I could get the bed mount bolts off was to cut into the bed, no way anyone pulled it off before. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my theory.

Crappy part is now I have to get a ride to work until this thing is running again. Sucks!!
layedout72   +1y
not trying to open up an argument here, but why go from reverse to 2 link? you cut your frame in half, i'm sure you can figure out how to build a forward 4 link correctly. i'd hate for you to keep an okay setup when you can run something that act a lot better all around.

either way, your ride is lookin really nice, looks like you got welding down pat.
stll2hi   +1y
Personally, I like the look of the Watts link. I might be wrong here, but my understanding is that a longer set of lower bars will increase the ride quality. Of course this could be achieved with a 4 link too, but again, instead of the triangulated uppers I like the look of the Watts. Believe me though, I'm up for all suggestions.
stll2hi   +1y
Anyway, so I decided to add a little support to be safe rather than sorry..

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Just a little update....
baha   +1y
looking good man! I need to update my project lol