Page 4 of 12
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Rebuild Project - Updated 6-28-10

Rebuild Project - Updated 6-28-10

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 12137
replies 114
following 24

90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
sweet, so the trans member is still holding it up or was the from the motor member?
baha   +1y
It lays flat now. Once the transmission crossmember was cut out the engine cross member still held the frame about 3/4" from laying, and now it's been z'd 1.5"
hotlavaxb2089   +1y
we need pics of the Z from further away. i want to see where you z'd it
n2bnlow   +1y
Looks good man. I wish I z'd my shit. Have you ever used the 4" "flap" grinder wheels? They look like overlapping pieces of sandpaper on a 4inch disc. They come in different grits. The work great for blending or dressing welds, with-out removing too much material. I found that they work better than grinder wheels. You can get them at home improvment centers and auto part stores. Harbor freight carries them. But if you have used them, disregard my previous statments. Lol.
baha   +1y
I'll try to get more pics for you hotlavaxb <--- do you have a xb?

N2BNLow yes I've used them for years

What I like better is what is called a roloc disc. It's looks like a green sand paper disc if you haven't tried those.

I usually use my grinding stone to remove most of the material and the roloc disc to make the remaining flush.
baha   +1y
I bet you've used these before

Thanks for the comments!
n2bnlow   +1y
Yah, and I'd love to be able to use them more. But my compressor is a shit box, so I've converted to electrical for any long grinding jobs. Got any new pics?
baha   +1y
I love your truck N2BNLow! I just checked out your garage.

Was it expensive for all of the chrome plating? It looks awesome man.

I'll post more pics next week I have 3 days off to do some work
n2bnlow   +1y
I've only invested about $300 into the chrome, but did get a partial sponsorship on the valve cover and intake manifold. The radiator support is polished aluminum, which I polished. All the hoses were bought alittle at a time. And same with the steel braided hoses. Have about $150 in hoses. It would be about $500 to get what I got chromed. And you cant see everthing in the pics. All of my pulleys except the A/C are chrome. My motor hooks, the accelorator cable mount, some other assorted brackets and all the nuts and bolts to go with em. So in my opinion, that isn't too much. Shop it around though. Not every chromer is the same price. And disassemble and inventory EVERYTHING.
n2bnlow   +1y
Forgot that I got my A-arms and shifter done for that price also. It was like 19 pieces for $300.