threads
Page 5 of 11
Toyota Pickup Projects \  better late than never,right?

better late than never,right?

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 9441
replies 104
following 27

baha   +1y
Freed up some room too. I want to man! That may be the first show I bring my frame to
cable   +1y
yep,that way I can see it too,lol.when you shootin to have that thing driveable/finished?
cable   +1y
UPDATE: got a 14 gallon spun aluminum gas tank,a 8.5 gallon aluminum air tank,8 new 1/2in.asco nickel plated valves,(I'm gonna run 1/2in.inner diameter hydraulic hose)al's liner for my firewall&under the cab,
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

was moving along pretty good...then I came across a 5.0l 302 with a c6 trans that I couldn't pass up,it fits very well,I just swapped the oil pan for a mustang pan,gonna have to run a remote oil filter,and its using the raised tranny crossmemeber for the 22re and the mount.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

the stock truck oil pan that hits everything...

thread post photo

the mustang pan..

thread post photo

trans mount is toyota welded to the ford mount,no cutting,it was the right height.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

for the motor mounts I started with the stock ford block mounts,and the toyota frame mounts,burned the bushings out and cut the toyota plates down.I was going to cut some 2x2 square tube at an angle to join them together solid mounted,but the ford mounts are quite a bit farther back than the toyota frame mounts.I didn't realize untill I started to measure for the tubing,but the angle would be way beyond a 45 degree,and I didn't like the way it was going to look,so I'm going to use some flat plate(the 1/2in plate suicide doors sells with lower bag mounts,does anybody ever use that???lol. I know its over kill but it will work nicely,and I'll never use it for anything else anyways) then weld some 4 link style tabs to the flat plate,and put a 4 link bar end on the ford motor mount made out of some old 4 link bars I've got laying around.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

here's the new mounts I'm gonna do...
thread post photo

thread post photo

here's where it will sit,trans is bolted in.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

plenty of room under the oil pan.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

after the mounts get done,I gotta finish the trans tunnel and firewall,bedliner my firewall and cab underside,then painting the block and trans black,it's bored 0.40 over,and getting new sealed power flat top pistons,it's got 351 heads with some huge valves,new bottom end,new bearings,rods and mains,new timming chain,still gotta get a gasket kit,cam,lifters,and after it's all finished.......this is going on top of it........
thread post photo

thread post photo

after all that I'm redoing the 4-link forward,bag on bar,ford 9 in. rear with disc(hopefully I can find one...),cut down axles,prob run a very tall gear to keep highway rpm's down,I don't see bottom end being a problem,lol. shortened mustang drive shaft with a 4wd slip yoke, looks like it's going to scr8pefest on a trailer,lol.
cable   +1y
I may end up going with a fuel cell instead of the spun tank,bought it when I was still planning on putting the 22re back in,and a new walbro inline fuel pump,might not use it ether.....
cable   +1y
anyone interested in the spun tank or my walbro in-line fuel pump(same one as lc engineering) let me know.
truck action   +1y
Looks very good! Great work!
cable   +1y
Thanks Gary!!!
cable   +1y
mounts are done
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo