threads
Page 3 of 8
Toyota Pickup Projects \  EVILYOTA--SLOW PROGRESS PICS (WELL KINDA SLOW)

EVILYOTA--SLOW PROGRESS PICS (WELL KINDA SLOW)

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 7503
replies 73
following 19

lowyota95   +1y
YA KNOW I HAD LOOKED AT THAT, I WONDERED IF IT WOULD WORK. ILL LOOK AT IT THIS WEEKEND, BUT IF I REMEMBER RIGHT THERE WASNT ROOM, THESE SOLINOIDES ARE HUGE AND THE BRACKET DOESNT MAKE IT EASY TO FIT INTO TIGHT PLACES, DO YOU HAVE A PICS OF WHAT YOUR TALKING BOUT, OR DOES ANY ONE.... ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED....
m_i_zombie   +1y
I can get you some pic of mine, I used a SPAL kit though. you have to ground the solenoid on the main body via wires. To me it looks like you may have trouble when the window goes up and down. The cable and ferrule may scratch or catch on the window.

You'll have to give me a few days to get up to the shop. We got nailed with about 7in of snow and ice monday night.
lowyota95   +1y
I DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECKED IT ALL ITS REALLY CLOSE TO THE WINDOW BUT NOT TOUCHING, YOU CAN SEE IN THE PIC THERE IS A LITTLE TUBE THAT I RAN TROUGH THE DOOR THAT IS DIRECTING THE CABLE AROUND THE WINDOW, ITS WORKING FOR NOW BUT YA I WOULD LIKE SOME PICS. I ALLWAYS LIKE TO LEARN NEW WAYS OF DOING THINGS...THANKS MAN
smctoy   +1y
all the mods look awesome!!
sd yota   +1y
those things are sweet. although i think theyre trick........... what happens should the batter ever go dead?
chinkys10   +1y
I used the solenoid from the hatch off a square body blazer. They are fairly small, I've got it mounted directly under the latch (and it's in the front of the door). They are quiet and reliable, I havnt had a prob with them for over a year, Daily! This is just a suggestion for an option other than the big 40lb solenoids you get with a kit.
lowyota95   +1y
PICKED UP A COUPLE OF NEW GOODIES, LIGHTED PLATE FRAME, SO I DONT GET STOPPED ANY MORE LOL, THEY HAVENT HASSLED ME ABOUT MY PLATE BEING N THE WINDOW, THEY ONLY HASSLE ME ABOUT NOT HAVING A LGHT ON IT.... NAD A COUPLE O TANKS, GONNA PAINT THEM TO MATCH THE FNAL PAINT ON THE TRUCK,

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

GOTTA GO OVER TO MY SHOP TODAY TO GET MY CMAERA TO POST PICS OF SHAVING THE HANDLES ILL GET EM UP LATER...
kdcgrohl   +1y
nice hubbies, mine came with those too.

damn i wish my junk was together enough to drive.
m_i_zombie   +1y
ok as promised here is my setup for the poppers. Sorry about the overexposure, damn auto flash!!!!

On this I am using 2 bolts to mount it with. The other is behind the weatherstripping.

thread post photo

Here you can see that I am all the way in the corner and directly under the latch mechanism, Its completley out of harms way of anything.

lowyota95   +1y
OK I GET IT, I LOOKED AT MINE YESTERDAY, I THINK MY SOLINOIDS MAY BE TO BIG TO PUT THERE, BUT MY QUESTION TO YOU IS WHERE DID YOU CONNECT THE CABLE, ON MY LATCH I COULDNT SEE ANY PART THAT MOVED VERTICALLY FOR THE LATCH..... I CONNETED MY CABLE TO THE INSIDE LATCH ARM ON THE LATCH ITSSELF, I DONT HAVE INTERIOR HANDLES ANYMORE, DIDNT REALLY WANT THEM, SO IT WORKED OUT OK... DOES THIS MAKE ANYSENCE??