threads
Page 2 of 4
Ranger Suspension \  baggin a 3.0 on beams..

baggin a 3.0 on beams..

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 4809
replies 30
following 5

fatman   +1y
ok so if i run a 30 series tire up fropnt i will ony have to notch for the tie rods ????
bodydropped85   +1y
<--35 series tire, u have to notch for them regardless.
fatman   +1y
hey man do i have to notch the frame for the beams ????also i just put the driver side on and my pitman arm is hittin the tie rod what can i do????
bodydropped85   +1y
i didnt notch the frame for my beams, they dont even touch.
draginassranger   +1y
no matter what you will have to notch for atleast the tie rods, as BD85 said...i'd say you should be able to get away without notching the frame for the beams, but every truck is different and you are about the only one that can determine whether or not it needs notched for the beams. the tie rod hitting the pit man arm is a common problem, you will have to bend it in one way shape or form....some guys heat it a little bit and bend it, some guys use a pipe bender and bend it, some guys keep dropping the truck down on it till it bends to the right angle...everybody will argue with which way is better and more safe, as far as i am concerned, which ever way you feel more comfortable with is the better way.
fatman   +1y
hey guys thanks for all of your help it is help ing me out ALOT so whenever i gotta question ill be post in here thanks again.....by any chance how much would i have to move my body mounts down for a stock floor ists a 92 im thinkin about a firewallback and wasent sure but i know a tradianal is like 4 or 4.5
draginassranger   +1y
just depends on how much of a body drop you want. if ti 3" then move them 3", if it is 2" then move them 2".
96rangerxlt   +1y
It only takes 3.5" to lay rocker w/ a traditional bodydrop and only 3" to lay rocker w/ a stock floor bodydrop. These numbers only apply if your truck truly lays frame. I don't mean transmisson xmember bolts or engine crossmember, I mean the actual frame itself. We measured on mine and I have a 3" SFBD that lays hard as hell. You can't even fit a piece of paper underneath the rockers. My truck has a 2x3x1/4" tube subframe from the firewall to the back of the cab and new body mounts built out of tubing also. The engine xmember has been trimmed and the tranny xmember and carrier bearing xmember (I have an extended cab) have been moved .
baha   +1y
why does it take .5" more to be body dropped to the rockers if your doing it the "traditional" method instead of "stock floor" method? The truck still has the same distance between the rockers and the ground no matter which method you decide to use.
bodydropped85   +1y
ranger frames are not strait across the bottom, thus when u reg floor it, u need that aditonal .5 more.