threads
Page 1 of 4
Ranger Suspension \  baggin a 3.0 on beams..

baggin a 3.0 on beams..

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 4805
replies 30
following 5

fatman   +1y
do i have to notch the oil pan to be able to lay out all the way on 18s and also does the frame gotta be notched for the tie rods and beams????

thanks for any and all help

later james
Post was last edited on Mar 14, 2006 12:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
draginassranger   +1y
your oil pan will be fine...you will have to notch for the tierods. depends on how big of a wheel you run if you have to notch for the beams. i'd say you won't have to notch for the beams unless you are running bigger than an 18" wheel
fatman   +1y
well i looked at it tonight and it looks really close to the pan i hope i dont have to but you gotta do what ya gotta do lol and im settin it up for 18s so that will be the biggest i run up front...
96rangerxlt   +1y
anything bigger than 18's I would definitely ditch the beams and yota clip it.
draginassranger   +1y
you should be good on clearnace for the oil pan and you shouldn't have to nothc for the beams if you run a small tire...every truck is diffrent though. i am running 17's with a bigger tire and i could fit 18's with no problem, and i didn't run into any problems.
fatman   +1y
yea but by the looks of your pic your truck iset layin out all the way and do you got the 3.0???
draginassranger   +1y
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...everybody keeps saying that...it is layed out all the way! the tranny x-member bolt heads are hitting. that gap looks a lot bigger than what it really is. either way. and yeas i have the 3.0.

go to my web page and you can see my build up
bodydropped85   +1y
yea i know all about that. lol ive drug through a plenty of them.
draginassranger   +1y
i am about to weld some "L" shaped brackets in and bolt it to the side of the frame just so people quit telling me that i'm not laying out. you can vouche for me bodydropped85 (sorry i can't remember names to save my life), you saw my truck at mini nats
bodydropped85   +1y
yup it lays!