Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  bag on bar question

bag on bar question

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2210
replies 12
following 5

dirty   +1y
alright im rebagging my truck from over the axle to bag on bar. im gonna be running sd bars and brackets yada yada.
1st - how long should my bars should be? is it true that the longer the bar the more lift? i dont care about about a sh!t load of lift but i want a decent amout 8-10 inches will be fine with me.
2nd - does it matter if there forward or reverse? right now i have a fbi tri 4link
and im gonna be keeping it a 4link. but would it matter about forward or reverse? would it get more lift or better ride quality backwards?
the lower links will be removed in favor of these new bars but the uppers will stay.

and advice for this would be great
bodydropped85   +1y
dont put it reverse thats just wrong lol. yea bags on bar is good jsut make sure the bag isnt tooo close toth e pivot point on the frame or you wont have a spring rate for shit... bout 2-3 inches forward of center of the bar should be good, but check wheel clearance also.
baha   +1y
Generally as long as your link bar is the same length as half of your leaf spring you should be ok.

That is not entirely true, what effects the amount of lift you get is mainly to do with how close the bag is mounted to the pivot point on the frame. 8-10 should be no problem man, If it were me I would mount the bag in the middle of the link bar so you won't need as much PSI to lift it.

Forward or Reverse can work I would do forward though its easier to set up.
dirty   +1y
really im only gonna get about 9 in anyway because it will max out my shocks. but 9 in will be more than enough for me.
how long should my bars be? any particular length that i would need to get?
bodydropped85   +1y
measure from the center of your leaf bolt to the center of the end bushing and voila center of bushing to center of bushing 4 link bar. i think themeasure ment is like 34 or 36 inches...
dirty   +1y
glad you kow hoe long they would be since i dont have the spring hangers anymore.
they got cut off last week
hotboxd   +1y
i know you're loving the phrase "re-bagging." i wish i could get bagged once.
t baggin98   +1y
haha i was happy when i got to say i re bagged the rear of mine. now i cant wait to say it about the front!
dirty   +1y

not really. should have done it right the first time but was kinda in a hurry and both me and the boy who did it never bagged anything before so ive been learning alot over the last year.

rebaggin sucks because now i gotta take evrything out clean up a bunch of welding and pretty much start completely over. if i would have spent a little bit more money the first time and some more time i wouldnt be doing this shit this winter. so my advice to anybody getting ready to bag
read up on anything and everything you can about bagging. weigh the pros and cons of every setup and spend the extra money and time and do it right the first time.
t baggin98   +1y
thats kinda my story, mine was the first ranger i bagged so i didnt know to z the frame. so im gonna go back and completly redo the front.

sad thing is i just took out my 3 link and put in a 4 link and im ready to completly redo the whole ass end again. which i hope to bodydrop it shorty after