Page 2 of 2
Ranger Engine \  2.3L Engine Tune UP?

2.3L Engine Tune UP?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2614
replies 17
following 8

scrp1day   +1y
switching to synthetic is tricky with so many miles just be weary. leaks easier. did it to my hombre and had a few probs. check all your seals prior to switching!
bodydropped85   +1y
fuck senthetic oil lol. its to dam thin. ummcheck engine light on or anything?
tiger   +1y
synethetics are good for built motors, but a stock 2.3? With high miles? Hope you like stains in your driveway.
cruznlife1   +1y
yeah synthetic is good stuff, I'm running amsoil in my truck now, a little pricey and I'm stuck buying it online, but it's worth it. Mrranger the only reason they say not to clean the TB is because they have a teflon coating inside to keep dirt from sticking. It doesnt work very well, but you can use a compatible throttle body cleaner. Basically like brake and carb cleaner is some harsh shit and that can damage the coatings, but get an EFI specific can of Throttle body cleaner.

Also steam cleaning your motor is the best thing you can do to clean it out..... grab yourself a gallon of water (I'm not kidding by the way) pull off a small vacuum line going to the manifold, raise the idle by the screw or with your finger, and briefly stick the hose in the gallon of water (it's gonna suck it up fast so go easy) you'll hear the motor dog, use a small line and dont hold it in there, you can hydrolock if it sucked the whole gallon up really quick. But dip it in the gallon of water for a second or two at a time with the idle up.... Use the whole gallon....

Seafoam works really good too, you use it the same way through a small vacuum line.

It sounds bad but it isnt going to hurt anything.

I actually have a nozzle, solonoid and water pump that pumps windshield washer fluid into my boost pipe just before the throttle body at anything over 8 psi of boost. WW washer fluid just happens to be the perfect mix of water and ethanol. Think of it as chemical intercooling. If you dont understand look up Snowperformance or other water/alky injection systems. Basically I'm steamcleaning my pistons, combustion chambers, valves and ports everytime I get into boost. It supresses detonation and allows me to up the spark maps a big
scrp1day   +1y
i know i would fuk that up big time but ill tell my friends to try it. see if they make it then i might be more confident!
baha   +1y
I just replaced 4 plugs and wires, on the easier side of the motor to get to lol, Seems to be running better less hesitation already. My plugs were realy realy realy realy worn
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Just b4 my move down to Florida I had a shop do my F & R Brakes, FLush my Tranny & Radiator, put in a new shim kit, and put in a new MAF and my truck ran perfect for my drive down, last summer I did plugs n wires and now my truck runs better then it ever has!

All thats due now is an oil change and the new Adapters and my truck will be ready for BAGS w00t
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
... have you tried some of that seafoam? Cruzn highly suggested it, the bottle i used i didnt get much of an result... probably wanna try it again sometime tosee if it can burn out the carbon in my motor thats been sitting there isnce my truck just always SITS