threads
Page 2 of 2
Ranger Engine \  Can anyone shed some light...?

Can anyone shed some light...?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2142
replies 17
following 6

scrp1day   +1y
how do you know its fine now. i heard the same thing as layingframe89 that teh 2.9 was a hot head. the only reason i know is cuz ive been lookin for a smaller motor to turbo charge and everyone i talked to told me to stay away from the 2.9 and my 3.0
sparkranger   +1y
I guess i think its ok mainly because i drive it everyday, it hasn't given me any problems and doesn't sound like anything is going to give out. I guess I'll check this weekend and see whats up.

Everything seems to be fine to me but then again, I honestly wouldn't know.

First truck, first vehicle.
bodydropped85   +1y
u can check the oil and see if ther is coolant in it.
sparkranger   +1y
Replaced the oil 150+ miles ago so...

No idea to tell you the truth.
scrp1day   +1y
yous should still check it at least once a week. once you pass 100k miles maintenance is crucial and the more attention you spend on it the better off your gonna be. the longer a problem is left alone the worse the problem gets. my first car only lasted me 6 months because of my inexperience with vehicles. just get it checked out if its nothing at least you checked take a weight off your shoulders. now youve got a truck you need to be able to drive the ladies around! and let them ride you around in your ride!!
sparkranger   +1y
That happens more then enough. Even with some Civic buckets in there. I thought it would be easier but boy was I wrong.

I just checked alot of things out there (my truck) and didn't find any problems i didn't know about. It was having a hard time running though and thats mainly because its getting low on gas (stupid Fuel Injection).

I did however, find a dead wire that ran from nowhere, to nowhere. No point, just funny. I ran it for a bit and it stayed fairly cool (being 91 outside @ 7:35pm, it suprised me). I think it only runs hot/ter when its driving... *shrugs*
scrp1day   +1y
well glad its working out you got a picof the civic buckets you better your the picture man! i cant imagine living anywhere where its 91 dry heat at 730pm
sparkranger   +1y
The hoopty managed to die on me yesterday. It ran perfect all weekend. Got to the other side of town and it just wouldn't stay running. Exhaust was BLACK!

Managed to get it towed up the street to a shop and the guy said it was a fuel pump in the gas tank (which we just had replaced last month). James (i think) said it could be a relay but would anyone else know? This is getting out of hand...

I hate Fuel Injection...

P.S. - Might get a pic of the seats this weekend. Maybe...