threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  2.3L fan in my 4.0 is this a problem???

2.3L fan in my 4.0 is this a problem???

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 3709
replies 16
following 6

lexaniranger   +1y
hey everyone i have a 94 ranger with the 4.0 in it.... i got in an accident about a year and a half ago and i got my truck fixed i never really noticed anything until yesterday but when i got my truck fixed by a local shop i guess they put in the 2.3L fan in my truck i have noticed my truck has been running hot but i just thought it was normal i have the 180* thermostat in my truck also is this fan a problem and do i need to go get the fan for the 4.0?? or is it really not that big of a deal
baha   +1y
your thermostat maybe going bad, my truck did the same exact thing your doing and it just got worse and worse till it overheated and fried some sensors, I would replace that like now because its cheap and easy to fix, to fix all the sensors i fried was over 500
wht01ranger   +1y
is it overheating on stand stills or while moving?
bodydropped85   +1y
could be a water pump or alot of things.
lexaniranger   +1y
when im moving it cools down but when sitting still it starts to get really hot i dont think it could be the thermostat it is like brand new maybe 3 months old at the most
baha   +1y
how many miles and is your check engine light on?, you could always put washers in between your hood and hinges lmao
daweezi   +1y

please i pray you dont do that
bodydropped85   +1y
could be a bad fan clutch.
wht01ranger   +1y
what james said

do this, after driving for a little while, park your truck, and let it idle, pop your hood and see if your fan is spinning with the motor or if it is free floating
baha   +1y
if thats not it replace the thermostat