threads
Page 2 of 2
Ranger Engine \  are there any performance upgrades for Rangers?

are there any performance upgrades for Rangers?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2967
replies 16
following 10

133   +1y
thanks for the info guys. i appreciate it.
98blownranger   +1y
there is no supercharger made for that motor, you can get headers for JBA or use the 97's but you will have to drill out one hole.
best bet is to get a mandel bend cat back exhauxt, that will make a big change.

then a air intake I have them...

curt
lifted01   +1y
if you have the 01 or newer sohc, they do make a supercharger for it. go to and check out the x-charger. if u have the ohv there is a few companys that make superchargers for that. i have jba headers, flomaster duals, intake and chip in mysohc 4.0 and i can feel it in the pedal.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

I have thier intake on my 4.0 and i have a flowmaster orig 40 series dumped b4 my axle.

Maybe one day ill buy a bigger MAF and TB and a bamatuner chip. Thats about all that sparks sum interest for my motor.
wanna b lower   +1y
Yea i did the flowmaster duel cat back on my 4.0 and i noticed a little more power, besides that just what everyone else was saying, headers, intake, and maybe plugs and wires but i havent found any of those around yet. There isnt a supercharger for the 4.0?? I thought i found one on ebay a while ago but maybe it was for a diff year.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
paxton made a kit for the 4.0 OHV
lifted01   +1y
hey check out this link. i had a 96 ranger and i was looking for a supercharger back than. this is one of the ones i found good luck. nice truck by the way