threads
Page 2 of 2
Ranger Engine \  Computer Harness/Distribution Block Located Firewall.

Computer Harness/Distribution Block Located Firewall.

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2024
replies 12
following 5

fuller   +1y
your best bet is to take the time to extend the wires..i rubbed thru them a few times in my 95..i didnt extend mine, i was stupid and took a cpl of hours to move them, and only got another 2 inches of clearance...if i did it again, i'd extend all of them and put it in a better location..if yer goin for a clean look, the drivers side is waaaay more cluttered than the passengers/
nickf829   +1y
i rubbed thru that main harness on my 98 back when it was drivable, shorted out the computer 300 miles from home, had to leave it in jersey for 2 weeks while i found the computer(theres about 20 diff. ones for a 98) that worked for me then went back to replace and it worked fine... but couldve avoided alot of hassle definately by just either raising or relocating completely
layin-frame-95   +1y
Thanx for all the suggestions everybody. I too have went through a couple of wires, thankfully nothing major, the only thing wrong, that I know of is my airbag light comes on and stays on now. As for the moving of the wires, I think i'll extend them and move them into the underside of the dash.

Rob