threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  tachometer (rpm gauge)

tachometer (rpm gauge)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1951
replies 18
following 4

kimballs   +1y
What wire is for the the dimmer switch cusser? I can't seem to find it in my wiring diagram.
the lizard king   +1y

Not Cusser, but are you talking about which wire on the tachometer is for the dimmer switch? Or, are you talking about which wire on the dimmer switch do you tap into with the tachometer?

Two fundamentally different questions...

If you're talking about which wire on the tachometer is for the dimmer switch, I seem to recall that it's the white one.

If you're talking about which wire on the dimmer to tap into with the tachometer, I seem to recall that it's the red/black one. A volt meter will tell you. Just connect your volt meter to the red/black lead and a ground, turn on your lights, and move the dimmer up and down. Does the voltage go up and down? If so, then that's the wire.
Cusser   +1y
Yeah, what Lizard said. If you want the tach light to dim when your other lights dim when you turn the dimmer wheel, you tap into that circuit.
kimballs   +1y
Thanks guys
kimballs   +1y
I have every thing wired in except for the illumination light I cant seem to find it any where. and Ive tried to get the rpm's down to 800 like it should be put the lowest I can get It down to is 1100 and that's warmed up with the choke off 2k with fist start up. I did the weber swap so that's what Im working with all help is appreciated.
the lizard king   +1y

Illumination wire (white) connects to the gray/red wire behind the dimmer switch to the left of your instrument cluster.

I have no answers for your carburetor issues unfortunately.
Cusser   +1y
2. With the Weber, make sure that the accelerator cable is not bound, has a tiny bit of slack in it at idle.

1. Make sure that the return spring fully closes the throttle, I use a stronger spring than the chintzy one that was included in my kit. So check this#1.

3. Make sure that the choke is not set too rich.

4. Check/adjust your idle mixture screw adjustment (should be less than two full turns out from bottom position) and then the idle speed adjustment screw. Personally, I have left alone the so-called fast-idle stuff, but maybe in your case make sure its linkage isn't the cause.

5. My idle jets are 52 (passenger side) and 45 for secondary idle jet (driver side), check yours, stamped on them. Put a white towel underneath the area in case you drop them, and don't lose the sealing O-ring either. The jet pulls out of the part you unscrew.
kimballs   +1y
Thanks lizard. And Cusser did you order those jets or are they stock for this weber. I have the 32/36 redline just like you recommend (awesome carb by the way) but I'm still learning it's internals. I will follow your procedures and read over the tuning instructions included as well.
Cusser   +1y
I do know that I have a spare set of idle jets for mine, as I did my install at the same time that I (unknowingly at the time) had a distributor ignitor/pickup issue. I asked the retailer about my issue, and they sent along different idle jets for me to try.