threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  tachometer (rpm gauge)

tachometer (rpm gauge)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1945
replies 18
following 4

kimballs   +1y
Im hoping to install a rpm gauge in my mazda b2200 93 base and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I don't need a complete step by step instructions on how to. but if you did that would be tremendous. but Im more looking for a point in the right direction if that makes sense lol.
Cusser   +1y
Easy, I added a SunPro II from local parts store, $30 to mine. I ran a feed wire from the coil to it, also a 12V positive from the fuse box, a wire from the dimmer switch for illumination, and a ground wire. I mounted to the topof the steering wheel cover, blocks my speedometer readings of 95 to 110 mph (add laugh).
I've had this about years now, I think.

One can also add a used cluster with tach, just need to move the speedometer cable over so it won't bind, a simple plug in. I sell those used for like $100 shipped (only have 1 now).
kimballs   +1y
So it reads your rpms off of your coil?
Cusser   +1y

Yes, aftermarket tach gets its signal from coil negative terminal. I don't remember the wire color offhand (think blue), I'm away from home right now. I ran a wire through existing grommet on firewall to under the dash.

A tach-cluster taps into the same feed, but at the factory wire harness for the cluster.

Both are pretty straightforward.
kimballs   +1y
thanks again Cusser
the lizard king   +1y

Blue/Yellow.
jayking   +1y
Yes, off the negative! I thought I had everything hooked up backwards after installing that thing, i couldn't understand it either
kimballs   +1y
What parts store has sun pro II? I went to OReillys and they ddon't carry them.
jayking   +1y
pepboys
the lizard king   +1y

I bought a Bosch 2.5" one from Advance. I have it to the left of the instrument cluster.

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Jul 03, 2015 02:07. This post has been edited 1 times.