Honda b series RWD conversion tranny idea

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 8575
replies 20
following 12

jiffyzx6   +1y
Lol 5 speed reverse would be pretty sick, not very aerodynamic though... Lol
mymmeryloss   +1y
I would say the s2000 swap would still be cheaper considering all u would need is mounts and a bit of wiring. To get a good b series that would be worth putting in you will be spending a pretty penny on a ctr or itr or gsr motor and then figuring out the tranny situation...

The s2000 has the highest hp per liter or any production vehicle with high revs and great torque. Not to mention the best variable valve timing system out there(vtec).

Not knocking b series, but f, j and k series honda engines are way more advanced and have greater potential right out of the gate...
jenko   +1y

flip the diff
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y

lol.............

if you're swapping in a motor that spins the opposite direction as stock... you'll need a drive-train to match.... tranny and rear end would need to be replaced
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Flipping the diff "could" work. I havent tried it. Thought about it many times though. Does the s2000 spin opposite too? If so you can get a s2000 diff and go that route. Sounds like a cool swap to me. I thought about a CRV swap too. Lots of options when money is present.
mymmeryloss   +1y
S2000 irs... Yummy
acro-adam   +1y
thats what im doing this winter is the s2000 swap
jenko   +1y

come on, where's your sense of adventure?
It'd work... for a while.
crazy tarzan   +1y
who needs more than one forward gear if you have enough revs? But being able to drag race in reverse might be fun. . . .
anguswilly   +1y
Did this thread ever go anywhere?

I guess he found out the price of the G Force tranny LOL (thousands)

I think another cool swap might be the DSM 4G63T and a dodge mightymax trans.

Also, apparently the B2600 tranny bolts up to that 4G63 as well