ext cab on bags with a KL swap and a blower..... yuuuup

Mazda Projects
views 10831
replies 40
following 10

racer x   +1y
Can't wait to see this one Ken
dealwithit   +1y
ok so my month at home wasnt very truck productive, but i did get some more pics, and some more parts. i managed to get the 626 back home, and found out that the distributor is dead (ignitor) and the fuel pump was fine, and was actually already replaced attempting to get it to run before checking for spark. ultimately im not worried about the distributor as im going to be getting rid of it anyways with the COP/crank trigger setup i have planned, but i do want to hear it run before i pull it out. The 2 trannies i had lined up worked out perfectly, 1 old style and 1 newer turbo (type III/R) with a driveshaft for the front yoke. Also grabbed an rx7 flywheel, 2 starters, a stock clutch, and he gave me some spare syncro rings for the turbo trans as he said it was abit rough going into 3rd. I also had lined up another m90 blower, this one from a 01 GTP, so i grabbed everything from the intake and up, including injectors, rails, etc. The car was getting parted out so i also cut out the nice big sunroof, im debating on which one to use, the GTP or the honda, basically which ever one functions best and fits with the roof profile. now that i have 2 blowers, im thinking one would go nicely on my 5.0L stang . Ive also got some pics of the butcher job the clown before me did to fit 20's on the truck, and the start of the caddy lights in the back. Also grabbed a newer style yota bumper, if i feel like changing from the custom front one currently on it.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i had a stack of small projects to work on when i got home, before i knew it a month had gone by. ill be home in dec and hopefully take 2-3 months off, and actually do some work on some of my larger projects like this one
sincitylocal   +1y

What's wrong with that??? That's high quality work for a three year old!
dealwithit   +1y
yes, its scary how straight those cut lines are....... you can litterally see the 3 different steps they took to fit big rubber under it. does it fit yet? nope, cut some more. yet? ah just abit more in the middle. ok it just clears now, perfect
mymmeryloss   +1y
I like the bumper thats on it currently
sincitylocal   +1y

The driver side inner fender up front look interesting too. They spent time on the front and ran out of patience for the back, huh?
dealwithit   +1y
lol "spent time" on the front isnt what i would call it, thats aluminum house flashing..... one side got rivetted, the other side they got ready to and gave up.

yah it will look alot better with paint mymmeryloss, ill wait till im actually somewhere with the body/color before i choose which one
dealwithit   +1y
so im kind of debating now if i should take the engine swap in 2 stages. stage 1 get all the adapting hard work done, keep the engine NA, as with the blower i can still build the exhaust, nothing will need to be changed there. stage 2 install the blower system, im hoping i can find a second engine for mock up, that way i can build the blower setup without tearing into the truck again until its 95% ready for install. i would like to see the engine output in NA form as well as blown for comparison. anyone have any thoughts on that?

i ordered a gm 4 pin hei module to replace the blown distributor ignitor, hopefully this gets the engine running, so i can at least hear my KL run, and see how it pulls the purple turd down the road. i really hope its not a smoker, if it turns out to be one, im not sure what my plans will be, maybe get a KLZE off ebay for NA and build the smokey one for boost?

my accord with the H22a4 swap needs to get finished when i get home as my stang and bike are off the road for the winter, which just leaves my diesel superduty as my only wheels really. thats mostly just wiring and a custom engine mount, and some parts swapping.
emjay   +1y
Interesting build here Ken. I like the 2 step idea for the build personally. Fan of your work, look forward to see the finished product.
mymmeryloss   +1y
In for updates!