Page 4 of 7
Mazda Projects \  '90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

'90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

Mazda Projects
views 17672
replies 64
following 10

347 stroker   +1y
I just got in the mail a new heater core I ordered while the dash is out. I had damaged the heater core pipes @ the fire wall long time ago when I started this project... and I thought to myself "no problem, I'm going to be replacing the heater core when I pull the dash anyhow for good measure"

But as most of you probably know, the core is not like the rest... only one core outlet makes it to the fire wall... and I had the hardest time finding anyone that would sell a NEW 'Heater Pipe' (proper name) for this heater core... And I definitely did not feel like taking a dash completely out at a junk yard for this little pipe...

BUT I finally came across a dealer in GA that sells it new... pricy little thing... just like the core for that matter... It should be arriving in the next day or so. And I'll be able to start installing dash components and engine management system.

Here is a link in case it may help some one:
sincitylocal   +1y

You are very welcome, glad I could help. I'd like to see more V8 conversions.
dealwithit   +1y
thats sweet man, hey im wondering if you remember seeing an v6 of those camaros there? im looking for the processor for the v6 tach, if you happen to come across one?
347 stroker   +1y

Actually I had problem's findings a suitable V8... plenty of V6s... If you're seriously interested in getting one for a V6 email me see what we can do
347 stroker   +1y
It's been a while... about a year to be exact. But I'm back to my winter project yet again... It's my intentions to get it finished this winter ( i said that last winter too)...

Can't remember all things I've done since last time... but the fuel system w/ all new tank, pump, hard lines for press & ret. are fully installed, including a a high flow TOMEI fuel press. regulator...

I've traced out (tagged/labeled) majority of the OEM harness and eliminated most of the unnecessary wiring... but I didn't finish this part last year so I'll be soon picking up on the wiring and finish eliminating OEM wiring as needed and adding the ACCEL DFI wiring once I decided on how to lay it out...

One thing I had to scratch my head w/ last year, and never did figure out was the alternator selection and placement, because none of the mounting options out there worked due to my cross pipe... But I just started back on project this past few days and already making progress... I've figured out a way to install the factory Mazda alternator, which is GREAT since the plan from day one is to have all the factory gauge features fully functional including voltage indicator light. I just ordered some parts to complete the alternator mod, but I'm fairly sure that's a done deal once my parts come in.

Have some gauges on order... including an AEM wideband setup... manual boost controller... and some other misc things that I will need to have around so that I can figure out wiring placement to/from engine & ecu... but my focus will be on sensor, wiring, and the like... oh yea also scored a set of dual crane cam's ignition boxes w/ dual coils setup from a nascar team... that will be interesting to see how I managed that one.

Goal is to get her running by end of winter. And after many years I'm ready!
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Dec 22, 2015 12:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
systm   +1y
very nice to see this build come back alive each winter! i hope you get to where you intend, this time through!
did you scratchbuild all your motor mounts?
347 stroker   +1y
Systm.... Thanks for the support post :) As far as the engine mounts, I purchased aftermarket solid motor mounts for a mustang, reversed, and modified them a bit to make them work. For the tranny I modified a cross member from a 90's lincoln town car and used off-shelve tranny mount.
347 stroker   +1y
Making progress!!! Finished tracing OEM harness, as well as Accell harness. Laid out and completed engine harness, and reassembled dash... lots of other things still remain but I'm liking the speed of things so far. Here's a few progress pics.
post photo
post photo
post photo
347 stroker   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
347 stroker   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo