'90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

Mazda Projects
views 17671
replies 64
following 10

347 stroker   +1y
Thanks...
347 stroker   +1y
t's been a long time... almost a year, but I'm back at it, right where I left off last winter.

It's a winter project truck, ha,ha... to many projects to do around the house and yard during the long days... but now that it's getting darker sooner, it's back to the garage projects.

But I've gotten a few things taken care off already.

Got a new gas tank, and re-did my fuel pump mounting. The pump is a Walbro, 255lph pump, and as you can see... is in tank pump. So I sandblasted the factory fuel pump assembly, and modified it to fit the new pump. I also tested/opened/& sand blasted the fuel level sending unit.

The fuel pump zip-tie riggup, wasn't going to cut it... so after scratching my head for some time, decided that some 39mm motorcycle turn-signal brackets would do the trick. On the factory pump bracket, the strainer would sit about 1.5" or so from the bottom of the aftermarket tank
mymmeryloss   +1y
Awesome. Cant wait for more updates
347 stroker   +1y

Thanks, but what's awesome is the work you've been doing to your truck... Mine is low budget stuff... yours is top-notch stuff.
mymmeryloss   +1y

I appreciate all builds. No sense in doggin on your own build since you arent dumb enough to blow money on a $900 truck like me and still not be done after years lol.
sincitylocal   +1y
Turn signal mounts... very clever!
mymmeryloss   +1y

I was thinking the same thing
dealwithit   +1y
sick build man, i think right away tho your gonna want a taller rearend, that factory 3.9 is just gonna spin right past your strokers torque band. and i wouldnt call that engine "low budget", looks pretty bling
347 stroker   +1y

Thanks!! As far as the rear end, I knew from day one that its something I'll have to deal with in... but I'm concentrating on engine compartment, then breath $$$, then the rest... As far as low budget well... it's all relative
347 stroker   +1y
I was able to get a factory gauge cluster with the tach from a junk yard few months back. And this past week I had some free time and went and found me a V8 tach from a Firebird... I've already done the processor swap... VERY EASY!!!

thread post photo

thread post photo

Thanks to SinCityLocal for his help with this from an earlier question I posted on another thread...