Page 2 of 7
Mazda Projects \  '90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

'90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

Mazda Projects
views 17658
replies 64
following 10

baha   +1y
After seeing all these pics I started day dreaming about doing a turbo build LOL. Top notch work!

I really like what you did to the front bumper too. What is your target 1/4 mile time?
baha   +1y
Another member here did a twin turbo 302 with remote turbos, I'll find the thread if you want to check it out.
baha   +1y
thread post photo

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

347 stroker   +1y
Yeah... That's a nice build!
baha   +1y
Do you plan on racing when it's done? I'm really curious on what 1/4 miles times you would get.
347 stroker   +1y
No immediate plans to make it a weekend warrior... Since I plan to leave the rear end stock for as long as it can handle it ...

Highway sleeper maybe...

My original plans where to concentrate on having a decent and reliable engine compartment first... and then after a breather $$$ focus on upgrading the drive train... or deal with it once it tears up!

It probably won't hook... and if it did it would probably tear the rear end... although I have been reading post of a few V8s with stock rears... but then again they are drifting...
emjay   +1y
depending on the level of corrosion on the inside it might be better off getting a new tank. I got one a few years back for $100 next day delivery at Autozone.
347 stroker   +1y

Yeah... I know, and I will most likely go that route, unless I find a good used one cheap. I think a new one now runs about $170 @ Napa...

But I kinda' liked the ruggedness of the factory rubberized coating
347 stroker   +1y
Yesterday I went ahead and took the dash out... I sorta' need it off to install the engine management system, and while it's out I went ahead and removed the heater core so I can put a new one in while the dash is out...

thread post photo

thread post photo
emjay   +1y

on top of

Sorry I couldn't tell which tank exactly you needed. I put this coating on my replacement tank 8 years ago, it's still solid and clean inside and out.