Page 1 of 7
Mazda Projects \  '90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

'90 B2200, 347 Trubo Stroker, Engine Swap

Mazda Projects
views 17632
replies 64
following 10

347 stroker   +1y
Hello Everyone... Just wanted to share the progress on this engine swap as it comes close to being finished... and get some feedback and hopefully learn a few things. And also hopefully share what I've learned so far over the last few years that I've been tinkering with this swap.

Still have quite a few details to get done, but so far this is a quick run-down:
-'87 Truck 302 Block - '80s FMX transmission w/ TCI breakaway converter
-RPM 347 stroker crank & Rods, Probe forged Pistons - .040" over
-ARP head studs, Main Studs, Flex Plate bolts, Cam Bolt, Belt Housing Bolt, & Oil pump rod
-1/2" Main Girdle, bigger valves, double valve springs, Scorpion Roller rockers, Comp Cams Camshaft
-60lbs Deka Inj.... Wallboro in tank pump... Tomei press regulator... Mishimoto IAC...T70 Turbo.. Accell DFI gen 7 (not yet installed)...

Tired of writing... lots of custom fab work to chassis... Aluminum driveshaft, factory rear (for now)
Lots of one off stuff... Have tons of pics that I will upload later...

I am now in the process of deciding how to run my fuel lines, then finish the vacumm system, then I need to tear dash apart and install engine management system, and I haven't figured out what I want to do about gauges yet... but I don't have much left... just a bunch of wiring, and all the time consuming details, and tuning.... Except for an alternator mount, most of the fabbing is done.

Well that's a short run down... What ya think so far?

thread post photo

thread post photo
dan woodland   +1y
Wow, I'm always amazed what fits in the B engine bay and a turbo too!

Post a tire melting video when you are done!
mark2.0   +1y
Do you still have/willing to sell the engine?
347 stroker   +1y

Sorry, I've already gotten rid of it & the tranny long ago...
347 stroker   +1y

720bhp @ 15psi (projected), and it all fits under the factory hood and behind the factory grill..! The bumper will be the only visible giveaway...
mark2.0   +1y
Thanks for letting me know. Never hurts to ask.
sincitylocal   +1y
What are your plans for engine management?
347 stroker   +1y
I have an Accel DFI gen 7, its a stand alone engine & fuel management system.
baha   +1y
Welcome to the site, nice build!
347 stroker   +1y
So I