Page 2 of 7
Mazda Projects \  Turbo KIA FE3 Stroker Build

Turbo KIA FE3 Stroker Build

Mazda Projects
views 48121
replies 69
following 17

jmuse8482   +1y
Forgive the engine at the moment, there is not exhaust at the back of the turbo yet.

Have any questions that i may not have answered above feel free to ask
that.minitrucker   +1y
Definitely digging the swap and info love the spark plug trick
jmuse8482   +1y
Well it turned out to be a pain in the neck there for a while. I think i had it off the engine probably 4 to 5 times before i finally got it to STOP leaking fuel from around the make shift injector adapters that threaded into the fuel rail. I Finally got them adjusted and all the leaks stopped. I ended up having to use GASEOILA Soft Set pipe sealant which the cost of that was as high as Giraffes Ass. But for the machine work on the engine is paid a total of $700 and that includes the balancing. So including the mistakes i made along the way total with parts was about $2000.00. I all ready had allot of the other components like the injectors, Intercooler Turbo and Mega squirt from the Prior F2T that was in it so it brought the cost down, along with only paying $100 for the long block. But i ended up buying a head from a Friend and member from MX6.com. Granted all this can be done a whole lot cheaper by just throwing the engine in as is with all the Kia Crap, wiring harness, ecu, clutch setup and so forth. Hands down better than having that electronic carb that makes me want to OFF MYSELF and lucky 80 something HP. 140 HP Kia FE will let the truck get out of its on way and in my opinion, the most cost effective way to obtain hp. Nothing wrong with a factory setup as long as it runs right just not enough go power for me.
jmuse8482   +1y
So, i have a G6 transmission to install. And i have a line on a pathfinder rear diff. Have not dug up to much info up yet on it. Read one comment on it was easy and straight forward. But i dunno.
mazdizzle   +1y
You can use a LSD from a RX7 I have one in my truck I think it's out of an 84 or 83. How much power do you think this thing is going to make? I'm running about 10psi on my turbo fe3 and made 211 at the tire. I'm still using the stock b2200 tranny so don't want to make too much hp and blow things up yet.
jmuse8482   +1y
I'm not sure how much it is going to make. Ill be aggravated if i don't see in the 3's at the wheel with 10:1 compression and 14.5 psi. And that compression is just a calculation done by an internet calculator when i punched in my engines specs (piston deck height and so on). I know for a fact my engines static compression reading was a 230psi average between the 4 cylinders. As far as rear ends, i was wanting something stronger than diff thats in it. Fred from mx6.com the guy from New Zealand, showed pictures of his factory 7 incher that had 300 ish at the wheels. And it looked like someone had taken a knife and cut the teeth off the ring gear. Kinda off topic, i want some bumper delete covers. If anyone has any hit me up.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
That is extremely awesome!

I had a custom intake built for mine using a true FE3 lower intake manifold. The nice thing too was that it didn't have the lame air shrouded KIA injectors!

I had it built to use a 240sx throttle body.
thread post photo

I just rebuilt my engine to stock specs. I'm throwing around the idea of a small turbo. I've already got the trigger wheel mounted up and ready for a Megasquirt.
thread post photo

Where did you run your turbos oil return?
jmuse8482   +1y

I robbed a turbo drain fitting from an F2T. The one in the side of the block. Middle ways in the oil sump, i drilled a hole just big enough for the fitting to thread in (or act like it) at the highest point i could and braised it in from the inside of the pan. NO LEAKS ! My trigger wheel is in the same spot. Ha, only other one i have seen done like mine! Nice Work on the intake. I have actually seen people use cut Honda plenums and weld them to the FE3 lower at the runners where you did. Spacing is remarkably close i hear. But, i don't like the idea of having anything Honda on my Mazda. God knows i don't want it to sound like one