Page 4 of 54
Mazda Projects \  B2000 drift truck build

B2000 drift truck build

Mazda Projects
views 178262
replies 537
following 73

slowroller   +1y
Trans is mounted. Not positive on the forward back location, but I can still adjust it.

The motor is LOW. Hopefully I wont have to modify the oilpan, But I can If I need to. This motor is taller than stock and I want to keep it under the hood with the body drop.

I should have taken more measurements with the cab on. Im not sure about the front crossmember height in relation to the lower radiator support.
slowroller   +1y
Low low. Just right.

thread post photo

might be enough clearance. Its sitting on the sway bar. Might re mount it to the rear.

thread post photo

trans mount

thread post photo

thread post photo

motor has a little slant to it. Im guessing for intake length.

thread post photo
paparoach1983   +1y
dang man looking good.
mattclark08   +1y
Looks good man keep it up. Are you goin to build a driveshaft and keep the maz rear end? Swap to limited slip?
slowroller   +1y
staying mazda solid axle for now. Ill weld up the diff.

HELP! Does anyone know the size of the round head on the center pins in the rear leaf springs? The head side of the bolt that goes in the spring perch on the axle. I forgot to measure them when I had them out.

Im going to try to make some blocks today If I have time, but I dont know what size to drill them.
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
looking good man keep up the good work....oh and whereabouts do you reside? j/w
slowroller   +1y
Im outside of Chattanooga TN.

I stripped the motor today, it lost about 100 lbs.

3/8 aluminum motor mounts tomorrow.

Oh and made some blocks for the rear end. anyone know a good place for U Bolts for a good price? +3"

Oh ya and I have a trick setup for rear suspension, just need to find time to do it.
slowroller   +1y
forgot to mention Ill be making aluminum alternator mount and intake manifold mount. Also any other mounts I need.

Possibly lightweight aluminum pulleys later.
slowroller   +1y
Doin work today.

Hey look front motor mounts. Well almost.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
slowroller   +1y
Passenger side is a little more tricky

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo