Page 3 of 54
Mazda Projects \  B2000 drift truck build

B2000 drift truck build

Mazda Projects
views 178261
replies 537
following 73

slowroller   +1y
Forgot to mention. Motor is getting stripped of everything it doesnt need.

No EGR, compressor or vacuum stuff. Engine bay is also getting the same treatment. Wire tuck If I had the time.
slowroller   +1y
Anyone see any problem with solid aluminum motor mounts?

Im thinking Ill make them from 1/4" aluminum tomorrow if I have enough time.

I know It will translate any vibration into the cab, But im more concerned with breakage. Guess ill find out.
blazerpimp   +1y
aluminum is brittle
jimbeater   +1y
nice project. will be following this one!
slowroller   +1y

Ya it can be brittle if it is allowed to flex. I do fabrication for a living and Im going to try it out. There will be no middle piece that is usually the rubber isolator. The aluminum mount that is mounted to the block will be bolted directly to the steel mount on the frame.

Its all about the design.

If it ever fails ill be sure to let everyone know. My only concern is if I mount the motor and trans solid frame flex could crack the tranny.
slowroller   +1y
Re did my leaf packs and got 3 inches of drop. Overload leaf on top and 2 smaller flatter suzuki samurai leafs underneath. Ill be making 3 inch blocks soon.

I want the frame 5 inches off the ground, the height of a coke can. Plenty of clearance for speed bumps.

Got the cab off all by my self. what a pain in the ass.

thread post photo

motor is going to fit quite nicely, shifter will be about 2 inches further back. may have to move the shifter hole.

thread post photo

thread post photo
v8mazda4ever   +1y
One whats the motor out of a truck or 240 and if the 240 what year looks like a single over head cam than a twin cam.
Two doing the mounts solid with no bushing they will break as the motor no matter what will want to flex especially since your going to be throwing it around the track drifting. I would definitly try and have some kinda bushing in it to try and help with the flexing .
Three ya the cab was a pain to get off I did mine all by myself to LOl.
Four like how the project is coming along and I wish I knew you wanted to go with a full nissan set up as I have one here I had 2 95 240 coupes I am building one for my moms and the other I stripped down to nothing.
slowroller   +1y
Its a ka24e single over head cam out of an 89 240sx. Should have the block girdle that the trucks did not have.

Solid mounts are not that uncommon. lots of track only vehicles have them.

Im going to sandwich some 3/8 rubber between the mounts, but it will essentially be solid.

Part of the original deal was I got the entire drive train. Turns out the guy doing the swap doesn't know what he is doing and realizes he needs his axles and drive shaft, so I doubt im getting that stuff. But I got the motor and tranny for cheaper.

Hopefully I can find some time to work on this during the week.
b2000freak   +1y
NICE will be following progress is very good i wish i could get started back on mine
paparoach1983   +1y
nice cant waint till the next update