Page 2 of 54
Mazda Projects \  B2000 drift truck build

B2000 drift truck build

Mazda Projects
views 178259
replies 537
following 73

slowroller   +1y
About to go grab a headgasket. Anyone have any preference for the 2l? Im thinking FelPro.
slowroller   +1y

Ya I love air ride but I would end up blowing bags left and right. Im hard on my vehicles and this one is going to be purpose built.

Body drop and static drop with 3 inches of clearance should look good though.
toddluck   +1y
cant wait!!!
slowroller   +1y
#1 exhaust valve seat is not where it needs to be. I can see an air gap when the valve is closed. Its only contacting on one side. Not sure what in going to do about it yet.
paparoach1983   +1y
wow i will be following this one as well. looking good so far and if ya want to do a wide body front i dont see why not.
87_b2600   +1y
this is gunna be a great build also cant wait to see whats next. and i have to rebuild my motor too, only thing is i have to bore it and get oversized pistons and rings since im blowin blue smoke outa the exhaust.
slowroller   +1y
Looks like this project may be making a big chance already.

I think I have an entire nissan 240sx drivetrain lined up. Motor, tranny, driveshaft, lsd differential and axles.

Now im debating back halfing the frame for the car rearend and making my own control arms.

The pros of this would be handling as im going to autocross this truck. I also want to keep an entire bedfloor intact to carry motorcycles. I would do the back half and roll cage out of 1.5" dom.

The much easier option would be to just adapt my driveshaft and use the nissan motor and tranny.

Thoughts opinions anyone?
slowroller   +1y
Well its official its getting Nissan Power.

Keeping the stock rear axle and suspension for now for ease and to get this thing on the road.

Ill be making motor and a tranny mount to keep the motor as low in the frame as possible. Low COG is good.
mattclark08   +1y
great project man. keep it up
slowroller   +1y
Finally got my new motor

thread post photo

Started stripping the truck. Cab will be off tomorrow.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo