threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine General \  Magnum Valve cover ?

Magnum Valve cover ?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7728
replies 28
following 13

nytrdr24   +1y
no prob, the wiki explanation says that they were a "turbo" engine, but i'd wonder why they would have higher comp pistons in a turbo, that is exactly backwards of conventional thinking...I personally have never seen a true magnum engine, therefore can't say whether or not they are boosted, or what, it would be interesting to know for sure....I've tried to pry some info from the local mazda dealer, but since they were overseas only spec, they don't know shizzle...
huskerdually   +1y
Thanks.
marco   +1y
just found out in thailand our b series trucks were called mazda magnums
ledevil   +1y
Well I guess I'll go back on friday and pop the head off and see for sure.

NYTRDR24- Thanks for posting a pic that's the cover I got.

dragginmazda86 (Dave)- No sorry I don't wanna sell it If I manage to come across another one I'll keep you in mind.

Thank you guys for the info on the motor
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
dragginmazda86 (Dave)- No sorry I don't wanna sell it If I manage to come across another one I'll keep you in mind.

I don't blame you at all for wanting to keep it. You came across a very rare good find, congrats. I have been looking for one for a couple years, missed out on a couple Ebay ones. I'll find one eventually.
hocbj23   +1y
congrats on finding the cover.I think u r the 4th Bscener to have one-NYTRDR,you,me and the dude who bought RussD's engine.If u found it on a West Coast 87 dawg,there is a good chance it is a real Magnum engine,cause the few that made it from Japan to Aus. to Canada 1 or 2 might have migrated down the coast plus they were only built in 86-87.Would never expect to find one outside Canada or your area.BJ
hocbj23   +1y
Bump.When new from the factory the Magnum covers were flat black with the ribs and "magnum" logo unfinished amd the wire looms were white instead of black or gray.The one on my truck was new in the factory box when I got it.BJ
mazdatweaker   +1y
post deleted
Post was last edited on May 13, 2009 03:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
mazdatweaker   +1y
post deleted
Post was last edited on May 13, 2009 03:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
long roof   +1y
Hmm... I want one of those valve covers... hahaha