threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Header choices, I found three so far..which un to get ?

Header choices, I found three so far..which un to get ?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1445
replies 4
following 4

casual t   +1y
im in the process of rebuilding a b2200 for a cross country trek. fun right ?!
obviously im doing the weber progressive carb and header after the gaskets are all done. but theres actually way more options than in the past. like, three !

the cheapo pacesetter
" target="_blank

the armor coated pacesetter
" target="_blank

and this site claims that these dyno max headers will fit but im skeptical
" target="_blank

what to do gang ? get the cheapos and burn off the coating and repaint with high temp and wrap ?

go for the armor coating and save myself some time ?

or try door number three ?

is it safe to hook a cat up after one of these headers ? or am i just gonna melt it (the cat ) i realize i can get away without it but i am a hippy at heart

ill be driving from Bakersfield ca to Richmond va and camping along the way. id like to make the truck run as well as it can before i undertake my journey.full engine gaskets being replaced right now and the carb or headers are next depending on which is cheaper. i do realize that both are needed to really achieve any gain in efficiency but the truck wont be driven till both are done. thanks in advance !
sincitylocal   +1y
I put vehicle info for a B2200 in the boxes for the dynamax header, and the page says it does not fit.
If I were buying a header, I think I would lean toward ceramic coating... but not with an automatic transmission. The header will need a little "massaging" for clearance of the automatic transmission.
In either case, make sure to use the factory metal exhaust gasket for best results.
dynomike   +1y
I got the non coated pacesetter. Fit it, and tack welded the collector. Then removed it, made one small dimple for a/c clearance in primary tube. Then fully welded it. Installed and Double check fitment. Then removed and had ceramic coated. Yes, get a new factory felpro exhaust gasket. They work the best. I had removed the second cat as well. I Had a couple of elbow exhaust pieces I had to cut and weld to mate up the remaining exhaust to the header. Works great, nothing rattles, and no exhaust leaks. Runs like a top.
dynomike   +1y
Before I removed and had coated.

" target="_blank
Page 1 of 1