threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  EGR solenoid delete w/ factory carb?

EGR solenoid delete w/ factory carb?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2039
replies 7
following 4

matt1094   +1y
I got my new head in the other day and it comes with this plug for the egr port will it affect how the truck runs? what if i remove the solenoid and plug that vacuum line? ETC
thread post photo
dan woodland   +1y
Do you have Emissions testing in your area? Were you experiencing a problem before you rebuilt the engine (did a head job)? I'd keep it because the OEM system uses that to make her run as good as she can but that's just me...
matt1094   +1y

No emissions, No running problem besides burning oil and blown head gasket
dan woodland   +1y
It's up to you then, assuming you know what the EGR does and you don't think it's helping/working for you.
matt1094   +1y

I know what it does I'm just not sure how much it is integrated into the computer on these trucks. I am trying to eliminate bs
dan woodland   +1y
Oddly enough they are finely tuned as is from the factory to squeeze out everything it can give...

If you want to "eliminate the BS" do a Weber and Pacesetter header swap. That will eliminate ALL of the emissions gear including vacuum lines and complexity.

I can tell you from experience, I did both of those projects, I should have left it stock. The weber has been problematic and the header over heats the brake master cylinder and bakes the grease out of the driver side upper control arm bushings as well as melted the A/C seals in the lines/valves.

befarrer   +1y
That plug could be for EFI models, they do not have an EGR system.
crook7438   +1y
I have just deleted all vacuum lines except transmission dnd vacuum advance, having no issues whatsoever and actually felt like I have more power and purrs like a kitten
Page 1 of 1