Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  Alternator

Alternator

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4268
replies 27
following 3

codywayne718   +1y
What is the largest alt I can put on my 87 b2000?
dan woodland   +1y
PM sent
dealwithit   +1y
if you dont mind abit of custom stuff you can get a 130amp ford 3g alt from a 90's taurus/windstar for relatively cheap in a wrecking yard or around 50$ on ebay. heres my swap i did a few years back
codywayne718   +1y
It's probably only 100 amp alt but I wonder if one off of a 2010 speed3 would fit????
codywayne718   +1y
Maztang posted something back in 06 or something that I can't find on tap a talk. Saying that an 84 camaro alt would work. They're 94 amp, might try to go that route if the one off my speed3 doesn't look like it'll work
dealwithit   +1y
yes they are the same type of install as a ford alt, flip it upside down and bolt it in. the ford had one of the highest factory amperages, so you can buy a stock one rebuilt for pretty cheap. i have 3 at the moment, one in my B, put one in my 88 mustang, and i have one thats going in the big sidekick bush toy. paid about 50$ each for them, one is a 1wire operation too, just connect to your battery and forget it
codywayne718   +1y
Flipping them upside down doesn't make them spin backwards? Lol over thinking... got a link to the Ford one that I would need?
dealwithit   +1y
it doesnt matter i dont think but your only rotating it 180degrees so it still turns the same way. if you spun it around so it stuck out the front of your engine it would turn backwards. but again an alt makes ac power which is rectified to DC so it always just makes 12v turning in either direction.
codywayne718   +1y
Link to said Ford alt cause I really don't know what I'm looking for....