Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Weber vs. Stock Carb

Weber vs. Stock Carb

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1251
replies 2
following 3

julian   +1y
Hello, I have got a 1989 Mazda B2200. Iv been looking in to weber carbs, although my stock carb is ok I am looking to get a little bit more power. Will the weber actually give it a noticeable power difference? Also the biggest thing that's stopping me from getting the weber is gas mileage, I'm currently getting about 28 mpg on the highway with my truck. Will the gas mileage much? How much? Thank you!
Cusser   +1y
Julian - I have a 1988 B2200, and I've had a Weber 32/36 DGEV on it for about 9 years. Mine's a Cab Plus, but before and after I still get 19 mpg. I'm really not aware of more power, but the Weber does run smoothly for me, even with AC, and with aftermarket cruise control.

With your mpg, and if you're not having carb issues, I'd stay stock unless you start having carb issues. That's why I swapped, my mechanic diagnosed ECU/carb issue so cheaper and less guessing for me to add Weber (but he may have been wrong, I also apparently had distributor ignitor and pickup issues then).
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
If it isn't broken leave it alone. If you are getting 28 mpg then you are doing better than Weber conversions and most stock setups. I had a Cab Plus and got 24 mpg on a good day with the stock setup.

Before you change over to a Weber make sure you're not going to run afoul of local emission laws in your locality. It's hard to get a waiver when someone openly violates Clean Air Act provisions.
Page 1 of 1