threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Carb prep for blow thru?

Carb prep for blow thru?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1221
replies 6
following 5

siguy2k   +1y
I've been reading and some people say you need change the floats? Is this necessary?on a weber 32/36. Any other things? Just using a mx6 manifold and turbo. Also where can I get a carb hat and not spend 200+? Thanks
anguswilly   +1y
Make your own carb hat?
siguy2k   +1y
I suppose thats a option but would prefer to buy one.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Or have a reputable welding shop make one for you. Might cost a little less than 200.
siguy2k   +1y
What about changing floats? Sounds unnecessary to me.
b52fighter   +1y
If you have brass floats change to the neoprene/plastic ones, and block off the hole for the choke, and run the bowl vent hose to intercooler piping. For carb hat I used the redline weber snorkel kit, been thinking about getting the k n n one though since the inlet on the redline one is an oval. Otherwise I emailed a website that does weber blow throughs, turbo gemini, and they said you didnt have to do anything to it, but was reading on an opel gt forum that under 4-5psi of boost it will force the needle and seat shut in the carb, that's why you run bowl vent to intercooler piping, so it keeps everything pressurized.
Just what ive found and done to mine, just gotta block off the hole for the choke yet. And I should be at about 8-10psi
oonyong   +1y
Page 1 of 1