Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  1987 B2000 Fuel Injection Tank

1987 B2000 Fuel Injection Tank

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 947
replies 6
following 3

magentamonster   +1y
Ok, I will be doing a 2.3 turbo swap into my 87' B2000 rather soon and I was curious how you guys go about making the stock carb tank to handle fuel injection. I saw the mini trucking magazine article on the EFI 302 swap but it seems to be too general on what and how exactly to modify the tank. Now if I remember correctly the stock tank is not baffled. So that would mean if I were to leave the stock pickup with a high pressure inline pump and run a return to the tank that would probably lead to fuel starvation when the tank gets low on fuel. I would like to run a Mustang pickup and fuel pump but I am not sure how to go about that the correct way with the stock tank. I'm sure someone has had to of done this swap and if so defiantly chime in I need as much information as I can get on it.

Thanks,
Donovan.
magentamonster   +1y
I finally understand what the magazine article was showing I'm not sure why but I thought it was the sender they drilled the hole the first time that I looked at it. Question is what about the baffle they added in the tank?
orangemazdab2000   +1y
B2600i tanks are baffled since they have an intank fuel pump. I just locate B2600i tanks for my swaps.
magentamonster   +1y
I see you are from Bellingham I used to live on Whidbey Island myself. Now what years B2600? Were they carb?
magentamonster   +1y
And it is a long bed as well.
sincitylocal   +1y
The "i" means injected. 89-93
magentamonster   +1y
Ok, so were all the B2600 trucks from that year range fuel injected or was that an option? I can use my existing pickup assembly correct? If so, I would like to use that tank for the baffle my existing pickup assembly and a frame mounted inline Walbro fuel pump with a filter. I was looking on RockAuto and saw a Fineline part number FLMZ6C but I'm not sure if that is what I need. I found this as well. bit.ly/NcVeNc
Page 1 of 1