threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  Pacesetter fitment?

Pacesetter fitment?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2371
replies 10
following 7

dynomike   +1y
I've got a brand new Pacesetter header I'm going to be installing this weekend. My question is, am I going to be able to bolt this right on and up to the existing exhaust? Before I start I've got to clean up the ID of one of the tubes because one of the welds looks like Crap and is blocking a good amount of the tube. Once it's bolted up and flange slipped into place, will it bolt up to the existing flange on the front side of what would be the lower cat? I've already removed the second cat. I've Welded exhaust tubing in its place, but left the front flange in place. And I'll also be welding the header flange in place onto the header where is a slip for once it's fitted properly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
dan woodland   +1y
B2200?
B2600?
EFI?
Manual?
Automatic?

It will fit or not based on what type of engine and trans you have
dynomike   +1y
B2200, carb, 5spd. My question is well if bolt right up to the existing flange underneath?

dan woodland   +1y
Yes, it will if you have the accumulator extension.
dynomike   +1y
Yep, thanks.

mymmeryloss   +1y
Good info right here!
dynomike   +1y
Got it installed today. Only a few hiccups. The header wanted to rattle against the bell housing on the Trans, so massaged the header slightly there to keep from rattling. Also. I trial fitted it in place and tacked the collector to the header then removed it to fully weld it. I slightly had to ball peen a primary tube to give a little better clearance for an A/C line. Also had to clean up the ports on the ID of 2 primary tube, because bad weld blocking it. All in all it went well. Haven't decided if I'm going to high temp paint it, or just wrap it....? Waiting to burn the rest of the cheap paint off first.
post photo
anguswilly   +1y
To really paint it right you'll have to sandblast it, or whatever you put on it will fall off.

You may consider a bracket to the bell housing, it is not a bad idea, like OEM.
billysobx   +1y
I have a 86 B2000 SE5 with 5 spd will the pacesetter bolt right on as well?
befarrer   +1y
If you got the standard header coating (that comes on the cheaper header), it will burn off in about 21 seconds. That's what it did on my truck. Although I have a different motor, but same brand of header, and I am sure same paint.