Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  E85, Weber DF/DGEV and fuel system components

E85, Weber DF/DGEV and fuel system components

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 761
replies 2
following 2

burtandurny101   +1y
Has anybody tried running e85 in their truck?

I have a weber DFEV, everything else is bone stock.

Will the weber gaskets need to be replaced with booze safe ones?
If so where do i find them?
I am not going to worry about it too much to start (bought a whopping 1 Gal gas-can full today) out with but i would be interested, if it runs ok, to complete the swap to booze safe lines, gaskets and a fuel pump (do i need to do this?).

What has lead me to think of thrying this is that my mixture screw is, well only about .75 turns out and all attempts to jet down the primary idle yielded a more rich mixture (60 to start, tried 57 and 55). ALTHOUGH the jets the (for now unnamed) company sent had the holes drilled in a different spot than the jets i had already.

I fiqure if it is running rich instead of rejetting i'll try a leaner fuel (e85 or other like-blend) and see if that helps.. E85 is available so if needed i might ask'em to fill her up 1/2 e85 and the other 1/2 Gas (my math says that will be ~47% alcohol (pump gas is 10% booze) or whatever mixture seems best running without rejetting!

I know my mileage will suffer, but there is a station super close to my house (Portland OR of all places). And anyway as i am sure ya'll know all about, any little bit of power i can unlock would be noticed!
burtandurny101   +1y
Weber Tech support said that none of the gaskets will need to be replaced; also a bigger needle is an option too in order to accomodate increased fuel consumption.

Still havent fired her up with the e85 but it'll happen soon enough.
kylesj6033   +1y
i following this to see ur results. keep up the good work. when i changed my drag civic to e85 tuner required me to get 1300cc injectors from 1000cc and power jumped 50isb i believe. Im unsure as to how much hp i actually got because tuner increased my boost at same tune. I know that there is a 30% more fuel consumption.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 1