Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  new here with a quick question about boost

new here with a quick question about boost

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1729
replies 20
following 3

sinix3   +1y
hello so as the title says im new and have a question. i recently picked up a 92 b2200 with 302km and as far as i can tell the start of a head gasket problem which i will be dealing with tuesday but what im trying to figure out is i have a eaton m90 supercharger off of a ford super coupe i want to build this truck up a bit for a little more fun while driving to work but i dont want to drop a ton into it. is there a way to bolt on a supercharger without tuning it. i dont want like 10psi only like 3-4 at max just for the supercharger whine and a bit more power/ economy. im building a high comp stang at the moment so i dont have tons to put into this but in the long run im going to back half the frame bag it and probably build a 2.2 for boost with forged internals and what not. so so to sum itt up i have access to a supercharger tons of injectors and if needed a aluminum welder to fab an intake plate for the sc. any help would be awesome
anguswilly   +1y
I think it is safe to say that this would be a LOT more work than a turbo.
sinix3   +1y
It would be about the same amount of work really I just don't want to have to tune anything because I couldn't afford it
anguswilly   +1y
It really would be a lot more work, you are talking about making an intake manifold and then the pulleys etc. and piping etc.

Turbo, you can just bolt on the probe/mx-6 stuff, make a simple non-intercooled setup and down pipe and you're done.

These motors came with non-intercooled turbos from factory.
sinix3   +1y
I suppose that's true
cory_watson   +1y
check out my turbo build, im running 8psi on a stock engine with a webber and a electric fuel pump in the tank.

anguswilly   +1y
Is the truck injected or carb?
sinix3   +1y
Injected other wise id jut use a bigger carb and an adapter
anguswilly   +1y
OK well injected is extremely simple as long as you are going to stick to 6-7psi

You'll need a higher pressure fuel pump and FMU. My truck is running that setup and I have almost perfect AFR's
sinix3   +1y
you didnt tune the ecu inorder to run boost? that would be amazing. becuase im sure if i needed to i could but i would have tolearn how to and get everything to do it.