Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  2.0 engine swap to 2.6 mits

2.0 engine swap to 2.6 mits

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 988
replies 4
following 4

mazdamatic   +1y
Has anyone ever done this can't find much on it. I have a 2.6 mitsubishi mighty max as well as many mazdas. 2.6 puts out loads of power. My mits weighs a good 3900 pounds and it hauls ass. if i were to put this motor in the mazda that is 2100 pounds it would have some real potential. Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to do this swap?
baha   +1y
I doubt it would be that hard, I'm not a Mazda expert but I believe that same engine came in the b2600i.

Check out this thread. " target="_blank
Cusser   +1y
SinCityLocal put a B2600i engine into his B2000, so he would be a good source of information.
anguswilly   +1y
While the 2.6 came in the "pre" B2600"i" which was just a B2600 and it was the same 2.6 Mitsu engine, the big difference here is going to be all the accessories that are different. With this in mind, you are looking at a lot of parts:

Intake and exhaust manifolds

Oil pan and pickup

Crank pulley

The rest of the accessory pulleys

Various brackets (engine mount and accessory)

Flywheel and clutch

Wiring harness

Engine mounts

Rad and fan

Various hoses

Once you figure all that out - you are still stuck with a motor that is infamous for being a POS.

The newer "G6" 2.6 from the 2600i is a better engine (still not fantastic) which makes more power and would be a direct swap if you got everything out of a 2600i, but you'd still need everything and need to convert to EFI

Another thing I would like to point out is that my B2200 cab plus weighs close to 2900lbs and I am not so sure your mighty max weighs 3900lbs - I would think they are about the same weight, maybe you are reading the GVW of the truck?
mazdamatic   +1y
I have a g54b in my Mitsubishi, personally ran the living s**t out of this engine in the mud seeing how far I can go in 2wd only problem ive had so far is the rotor on the distributor spun 90 degrees, and yes they have the jet valves but I plan to buy a new head casting, then balancer shafts they can cause some problema but I can just delete them and be done with that. As for the weight of my mits its 4x4. And long bed I have drivin over the scale to see how heavy it is.
Page 1 of 1