Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Removing EGR system after Weber mod

Removing EGR system after Weber mod

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 978
replies 1
following 2

evan_w   +1y
I have an 87 b2000 with a weber 32/36 in it.

I've looked around and haven't quite found the answer to my question.
After a weber upgrade, obviously all but 2 of the vacuum lines are junk and i have treated them as such
As far as the Egr goes. i have the egr valve still on with the electrical still connected but the vacuum port blocked off. will that cause any issues?

Secondly. What can i do with the old EGR pipes? Currently i have plugs in them to keep em from shooting black water all over my engine bay.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Cusser   +1y
The four threaded ports on the left side exhaust can be capped by 12 x 1.5mm wheel lugs; mine came from O'Reillys at about $5 for pack of four.

I made a block off for the other tube from a piece of sheet steel from Home Depot. I think that there's photos in the thread at bottom of my post.

Your old EGR valve can act as a block off if its valve is closed, or you can make one from metal using your EGR gasket as a template; if you do that I'd make a mounting "ear" for the Weber throttle sreturn spring. The electrical harness to the EGR can be disconnected.

Search my Weber carb hints, lots of rubber vacuum caps are crap and only last 6 months, so get good ones or use vacuum hose pieces and wooden golf tees as plugs.
Page 1 of 1