Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Fuel pressure regulator Weber

Fuel pressure regulator Weber

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1991
replies 9
following 7

ghettogrady88   +1y
So bought a spectre fuel pressure regulator Weber recommended 3-3.5psi truck won't start when set below 4psi on the fpr an 4-5.5 runs but dies when gas is pushed now I removed the fpr completely an runs perfect anyone chime in
emjay   +1y
Fuel pressure regulator is really only necessary with an electric fuel pump. If you have a mechanical pump you can ditch it. Note that the numbers on the spectre regulator might not be the actual psi.
cab+rider   +1y
I don't have a fuel pressure regulator for my Weber carburetor. I'm running direct to the mechanical fuel pump mounted on the side of the head. It's a 5 speed manual transmission 88 Cab plus B2200.

I use to run an electric fuel pump mounted next to the fuel filter over the passenger side fender under the hood. I had problems from a noisy electric fuel pump or the pump is weak for the demand of the Weber. I was told the electric pump had to be closer to the fuel tank.
Cusser   +1y

Me, too !

Seriously: a few months after I installed the Weber, I bought a Spectre FPR, had read online about "such great things" these were claimed to do. Truck wouldn't start the next day, no fuel was getting through, returned that.

A few months later bought EMPI FPR at the VW parts store. Didn't notice any difference, gains in economy or power. That started leaking after about a year, had to bypass in the Burger King parking lot at night, as I smelled gas.

Now I don't run any FPR. I'd say to get one only if you have an electric fuel pump.
Post was last edited on Oct 08, 2013 12:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
I've put Webers onto several Mazda trucks with mechanical fuel pumps. I've never once used a fuel pressure regulator.
ghettogrady88   +1y
Thanks guys for the help
customkev89   +1y
yep! really only need one on fuel injection
cab+rider   +1y
@ Cusser if I can I'll drive my truck to meet up with it's long lost twin parked at your place...
Cusser   +1y

Long drive from Guam !!!
mercilessltd   +1y
They do make electric fuel pumps with low pressure for carbs. It is suggested to run an FPR depending on the pump, but I've run without one for a year with no problems.

Sent from my Garnet Red SGS III using Tapatalk 4
Page 1 of 1