Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Power Potential

Power Potential

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1034
replies 7
following 4

xw0lfx   +1y
Hi everyone, I own a 1992 Mazda B2200 2.2 L 5 Speed Single cab. I have some questions about the power potential it has. Also, what is the best way to shift it in a performance situation? It is all stock at the moment. What are some things I can throw on it to make it even a little bit faster? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
mymmeryloss   +1y
A bigger engine would be your best bet...
inlinesicks   +1y

A turbo.
xw0lfx   +1y

Lol I already know it's not going to be a street killer, but if I did throw some bolt ons on there and swap out the exhaust, what 0-60 times could I be looking at with dropping the clutch at about 2,500 rpms and shifting close to redline? Also I will likely be buying a supercharger off of a friend of mine in a few months time.
xw0lfx   +1y

What's the biggest size motor you think I can fit? I probably wouldn't have the money for it, but I have thought about a 5.0 swap. But if I did that, making it fit would probably be the least of my problems. I'm guessing I'd have to switch out the transmission also, among other things. I don't know, I'm not very mechanically inclined Lol
mymmeryloss   +1y
350 swaps are becoming common place in these trucks. Who would want a Ford engine anyway
xw0lfx   +1y

I've just always had a thing for Mustangs growing up, especially since my uncle had a pre 2005 model. That was such a fun car to ride in. That one was a 4.6 though.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So, asically what i'm getting from this thread is that the 2.2 is a useless hunk when it comes to modding the F2 n/a or is it expensive? ive read of people having bored the motors and doing a 626 12 valve head swap?
Page 1 of 1