Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  EGR Blockoff

EGR Blockoff

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1944
replies 6
following 4

burtandurny101   +1y
Can anybody send me their specs for an EGR blockoff plate on an 83 b2000? What do i do about a gasket?

Any ideas on how to plug the holes in the exhaust?

I'm tryin' too clen up the engine bay a bit more, i have the system bypassed but still 1/2 way hooked up.

Cheers!
Cusser   +1y
Just draw one onto metal using your EGR gasket as a template. Make a mounting ear for a Weber return spring while you're making it (I forgot to do that with mine. I used a EGR gasket with Permatex Aviation to seal mine.

I plugged the four exhaust holes on on the exhaust manifold with solid lug nuts from O'Reillys ($6/set), believe these were 14mm x 1.5 thread. If you are talking about plugging the three rubber tubes near the air cleaner, I used rubber stoppers in those.

When I removed the metal tubes, I made a block off plate for that similarly, down under the first cat.
burtandurny101   +1y
I have two metal tubes coming from the exhaust manifold; how do you have 4 holes???
The tubes are threaded on with nuts a lil bigger than 1 1/16 in (thats my biggest wrench and it ALMOST fits.
How did you get them off? i found a cresent wrench that fit but couldnt get them to budge, banged on it with a hammer too.
Cusser   +1y
Exhaust manifold bots to cylinder head, unless you mean something else.

Lug nuts to cap off the four ports:
thread post photo

How did I get them off? Hand tools. Nothing that needed to be memorable.
burtandurny101   +1y
Hmmmm
The different in exhaust between the 1st and second gen is but confusing.

The tubes coming out of my exhaust are LARGE, well the tubing isnt but the fittings are a good 1 1/16 inches
I dont think lugnuts are gonna fit
emjay   +1y
In the past I welded my ports shut, maybe a pic to help us visualize?
fdugn545   +1y

Hey Cuss what did you do about the two coming from the lower portion of the exhaust mani?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 1