threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Return line?!?!

Return line?!?!

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 659
replies 3
following 3

bagged dually   +1y
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find this exact question with a direct yes or no answer.
I've got a 1986 B2000 with a fresh rebuild and a few small mods. For a carb I used a weber 32/36 DGAV with the stock mechanical fuel pump.
My question is do I have to have a return line?? I've had some people tell me its important so any extra fuel isn't forced into the motor when it isn't needed. On the other hand I've had people tell me its a waste of time and the carb won't let any more fuel than needed into the engine.
So which way is it?? Who is right??

Right now its running ok with the port plugged off but it's beginning to look like my fuel feed line between the pump and carb has swelled up a lot Bigger than it should be. Maybe from to much pressure with no return to vent through?!

I'm lost on this one. Thanks for the help guys.
Post was last edited on May 04, 2013 02:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
lsumazdarider   +1y
Yes it's s better if u use it if not it's wasting fuel can cause problems with gas lines took me 3 times replacing lines that busted an low gas miles before I used it 3 trucks later no problems any more
Cusser   +1y
When I went Weber I left my mechanical fuel pump lines as they were before, the main feed line to the Weber.
bagged dually   +1y
Sound like I need to run a return line. The previous owner of this truck put a plastic fuel cell in it with no provisions for a return line. I figured it probably needed ran. Guess I've got something to keep me busy today. Thanks guys
Page 1 of 1