Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  Help

Help

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1421
replies 10
following 4

peppy121   +1y
my question is can i take off stock carb and put a relgutor carb on it and if not what will i have to do to get it to run ?
chaserjohndoe   +1y
whats a relguter card? and if you meant regular then, no. for our old mazda's the only way to go is weber, unless you want to do a bunch of fabbing to get, let's say a holley or similiar to work.
peppy121   +1y
sorry cant spell and i would very much like to put a holley on it so what would i have to do?
peppy121   +1y
and sorry i did not put on what madza i have so i have a 1987 madza b2200 4x2 and it has a a in-line 4 2.2 ohc with a manuel 5 speed attached too it and yes it is stock for now but will chagne soon
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Weber is about the only way to go. Our engines only make about 130 hp max, so putting a Holley would over carb it. I picked up my Weber for about $225 and it installed and running in about 2.5 hrs.
peppy121   +1y
okay - why would it take 2 and a hours to get it to run ?
mazdafvr   +1y
probly because you gotta remove the old carb and all the b.s. that comes with it, then u gotta put all the adapter plates together and install the new carb, throttle cable bracket and all. then u gotta tune it. you might can do it in less time, but that's about how long it took me, I took my time and a break or two.
Cusser   +1y
Also check the Weber adapter plates for absolute flatness, sand them on a plate of glass with wet/dry, to avoid vacuum leaks.
peppy121   +1y
okay so petty much it a bolt on thing?
mazdafvr   +1y
yep, as long as u get the kit, comes with adapter plates and gaskets and everything else you will need