Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  pace setter exhaust

pace setter exhaust

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2093
replies 12
following 6

minimazdaon20s   +1y
what's up guys my question is I'm about buy a pacesetter header. What the differents in auto trans one and the Manual trans one. I need one for a auto trans.but the ones I have found are for manuals only.

your help would be appreciate
cherokeed   +1y

It will hit the crossmember on the auto trans, from what I heard you may have to fab something on the auto, if you that the manual,no mods just bolt up.
minimazdaon20s   +1y
ok thank u
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y

bump what you heard... the header hits the trans bell housing on an auto... you will have to notch the trans or the header... just installed a pacesetter on an auto a few weeks ago. i cut a little of the trans bell housing to get it to fit.
minimazdaon20s   +1y
hey andrew do u have any good pics of u doing it, and was it difficult to do, plus i see u live in stockbridge ga, i think thats like a hour from my house hahaha
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
no sorry no pics. its a buddy of mines dad's truck that we are putting back together with a 0 millage motor and completely rebuilt trans. been in progress for a few years now. been working on it when time allows which isn't often due to normal work schedules.

it was pretty easy to do. i put the header on and marked where it hit the housing. used a sawzall with a metal blade and cut about a 1/2 wide by 2 inch long piece out of the housing. the housing is aluminum so its pretty soft metal. took about 20mins to cut.
minimazdaon20s   +1y
ok sweet thank u andrew,im getting my motor back from the shop on monday,ill cut the bellhousing then,when i get all my parts im going to make a members project build on here, but thanks for the reply
sahankaface   +1y
if i remeber right there is a pic on this forum of this being done
minimazdaon20s   +1y
I saw the pic but it wasn't that great,when I start to do mine ill take lots of pics
cherokeed   +1y
Hey.... I'm finally rebuilding the b.. I have an extended cab and I'm going with the pacesetter also.. So would everything goes good with the pacesetter on the extended cab... I seem mostly regular cabs with the set up,

thread post photo

Pressure wash and degreaser the entire undercarriage and engine bay

thread post photo