Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Weber question

Weber question

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1146
replies 4
following 3

fdugn545   +1y
So I've decided to go with a weber carb setup and a buddy of mine has one for cheap but its a 38 dgas? Just checking will this fit and or is it too much carb for my lil truck? I have the conversion kit.
ward5kustomz   +1y
as far as fuel mixture goes there is adjustment screws for that. screw them all the way in and back them out a turn and a half and go from there. take a DVOM and connect the negative lead to the engine and the positive lead to the O2 sensor. set your DVOM to ac voltage then crank the engine and let it idle for a few after warming up then check your reading. you want a reading of 7.0. this will indicate the right mixture. i speak from experience because i had a b26 that i swaped a weber on. Weber carb will really make a big difference. to lean it out turn the screws in 1/4 inch at a time to get the 7.0 reading
fdugn545   +1y
Okay so do u guys think that a 38 is way too big or not I've read a lot of stuff saying so but homies still got this thing and I would like to save some money if I could without sacrificing disability
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Its not too big. You will use a little more gas than the 32/36 but not a lot more. BUY IT
fdugn545   +1y
Okay thanks for the info ill see about getting it, do they sell a rebuild kit or something or do u think I should even attempt it. The carb in question has been sitting for like 6-8 mo and so I just don't know. As always thanks
Page 1 of 1