Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  b22 performance cam

b22 performance cam

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3331
replies 3
following 4

nross001   +1y
ive been looking and cant find one. does anyone even make them? are they reasonably pricedand in the power gain even worth it thanks guys!
ulrich   +1y
I spotted one on craigslist Los Angeles. Oops IE craigslist, out where strange things are afoot at the Circle K

My first thought is that a racing cam is not a good idea. Racing cam is for high RPM horse power. Our engine will never rev high, and crank out mad HP; best to let them do what they do best - low RPM torque.

>Mazda B2200 Racing Cam $100 - $100 (Beaumont, CA)
>Date: 2012-04-03, 8:19PM PDT

>Mazda B2200 Racing Cam with adjustable rocker arms.
>$100
mazda-man   +1y
I got mine re-ground from a company called PAECO Industries. Paeco.com is there website. They will grind it the way that you want it whether you want even more low end torque or high end power. I know that when I did my engine (b2600i) I had to replace the valve springs because the stock cylinder head for the b26 only has single valve springs but I believe that the b2200 has double springs already.
gcncsuhd   +1y

That is not entirely true. A lot of what limits the engines ability to rev is the valvetrain. A different cam profile and swapping to the mechanical rockers and better springs can go a long way into improving the ability of this engine to survive and thrive at higher rpms. Granted, it will never be a super high rev engine with the undersquare bore/stroke ratio, the Allison Legacy cars run a hopped up B2200 engine, dyno rated ~125hp, and they speed around the track all day well above the stock redline we see in our trucks, and those engines survive a couple seasons easily.
Page 1 of 1