threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  Is this removable?

Is this removable?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3730
replies 26
following 7

eddiep23   +1y
The box in the back of the engine (attached to air intake) is it removable?

thread post photo
baha   +1y
Hey man the image isn't showing up, you need to copy the code it generates for you.

It will show here where it's circled in red.

thread post photo
eddiep23   +1y
Gotcha!

so is this little thing in the red circle removable?

thread post photo
baha   +1y
Oh one more thing, you need to set the album permissions to public, it's set as private by default. So right now you can see the images but we can't. You can edit your posts if you need to.
eddiep23   +1y
is it showing up now?

thread post photo
baha   +1y
I can see it now
eddiep23   +1y
Hooray!! Is the little thingy in the circle removable though? haha it looks like it was something to take up space
chilnviln   +1y
thats a resonance chamber (G6 motor only? or NON-california F2 and G6?)....not sure specifically what its for so I'm assuming it can be removed....my ignorance brings me to believe anything labeled "resonance chamber" means noise reduction. are there any vacuum hoses attached? my 2.2 FI doesn't have it so it may be easier to swap the air pipe from a b2200. the only question being does the 2.2 and 2.6L share the same intake piping...size wise
chilnviln   +1y
after looking at mine I realized the hose on the intake bung going into the valve cover

thread post photo
eddiep23   +1y
not sure. when i last checked it didnt look like there was anything attached but i'll have to do that! and resonance chamber? sounds like someone didnt like loud trucks...