Page 1 of 5
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2600i gas tank

B2600i gas tank

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5687
replies 42
following 9

eddiep23   +1y
Is there a bigger tank for the B2600i 4x4 cab plus? Or could i just drop the spare tire and put a fuel cell there? Any help appreciated
eddiep23   +1y
bump
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
There are a few good companys out there that build quality fuel cells that should be able to build you a good extended range tank.. only problem is space.. metalworx out of the south builds some sweet ones..might be worth looking into...the secondary cell is a good idea but the transfer between tanks might be difficult..with the fi trucks you need to maintain proper fuel pressure in the tank for it to run correctly..might not run right with all the extra airspace of another fuel cell in the same system..

Hope this helps a bit
eddiep23   +1y
I was thinking a switch-over system like the dual tanked full size trucks have. Like the early to mid 90's ford and chevy FI trucks ya know?
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
Ahh.. yeah.. that would work too..
eddiep23   +1y
just an idea tho.... anyone know of someone who's done this on their B?
supratreo   +1y
i'm glad you asked this, i've been wondering this for a while.

i was thinking about making a thread to see if anyone had done dual tanks but i guess i wont now, haha.

i've looked around a lot and can't seem to find a bigger replacement and what makes it harder is that is different sizes (standard cab, ex cab, LB, SB...)

custom might be the only way to go but that would be expensive. fuel cell might work but i don't want to loose my spare.

i'm not sure how the dual tanks worked on the chevys but i was thinking you could use a transfer pump from one tank to the other so when the main tank is empty you just transfer more fuel to it. i'm just not sure how you would fill or vent the aux. tanks.
eddiep23   +1y
lots of head scratching and beer i would assume! i also plan on doing a flat bed so i could mount my spare on it and such. What would fit between the frame rails? at least a 20 gal i would assume...
supratreo   +1y
i'm sure it would be MUCH easier to mount a larger tank on a flat bed but i think most of us want this under the stock body
cdalejef   +1y
There is a 17 gallon replacement tank that pops up eBay pretty often. Someone on Mazdatrucking installed on on their 2600i.