Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  need weber help

need weber help

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 865
replies 1
following 2

dusterbd13   +1y
ok, im helping my best friend out on his 82 b2000. ive known him and this truck since high school (~15 years). anyway, weve been trying to get it running right again. the origonal motor was way down on compression, at around 60% leakdown within 2 seconds on 3 cylenders. figured that was wgy it was running poorly and feeling like it had a miss at idle.
vhanged it out for a low milage engine. leakdown was great, ran all the valves, etc.
fires up and runs great at wide open throttle. at idle, it still feels like its missing.

were pretty sure that weve chased it down to the carb. its the only part thats the same between the two motors, and the two motors are behaving in exactly the same ways. (well, except for smoking and having very little power on the old motor)

so im looking into a weber conversion on this truck for him. he has no time to do research himself.

ive found a bunch of stuff on the later model trucks, but realitively little on the earlier models.

what all am i looking at here? were trailering the truck to my shop, so i can work on it at my leisure.

anyone have any links, kits, etc for a weber conversion? something better? id go with a factory reman, but all three of theones that ive ordered from the local parts houses were junk. i wouldnt even send them in for a core, let alone put them on amotor.

so please, send me some advice on this. its a bone stock, 5 speed, 1982 mazda b2000 sundowner.

michael
briankmizell   +1y
some people love the weber progressive 32/36 or the manual secondaries 36/36.

I personally dont like the webber.

If they make an adapter for your engine, check into using the autolite/motorcraft 2100 two barrel carb.

its been said that they are very reliable and good on gas.
Page 1 of 1